This plugin is a TANGO adaptation of the 3D Fast Filters plugin for ImageJ. It performs 3D filtering in a multithreaded way (use of multiple CPUs) and allows different radii in XY direction and Z. The different available filters are :
- Mean, the average value in the neighborhood.
- Median, the median value in the neighborhood.
- Minimum, the minimum value in the neighborhood, can be used as a erosion for morphological filtering with white objects.
- Maximum, the maximum value in the neighborhood, can be used as a dilatation for morphological filtering (with white objects).
- Local maxima, detects the pixels that are maxima in the neighborhood, can be used as seeds for segmentation.
- TopHat, performs a tophat filtering TH=image-opened(image), permits to detect bright spots by suppressing local background.
- Variance, the variance value in the neighborhood, can be used as edge detection.
- Sobel, a edge detection filter.
- Adaptive filtering, a 3D version of Nagao filter. 6 areas are defined (left, right, up, down, front, back), takes the mean of the area that has the smallest variation.