1. Install FIJIDownload a 64 bit version of Fiji, bundled with JRE
2. Install Tango
- Run Fiji (the one you did install).
- Go to "Help" > "Update" menu and follow instructions to update ImageJ
- Then you will get the ImageJ Updater window, click on "Manage update sites" button
- Check the following update sites
- ImageJ 3D Suite
- Click on Apply changes
- Quit and restart Fiji
- Increase the memory to >=2GB if necessary (menu Edit>Options>Memory & Threads)
3. Configure the MongoDB database
Tango stores every information (images, experiments, measurements) in a database (MongoDB).
To configure MongoDB, run the command Configure database module in the menu TANGO/Configure of ImageJ.
This command will :
- Install MongoDB on the computer if it is not alredy installed
- Configure MongoDB so that TANGO can call MongoDB commands
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CURRENT VERSION OF TANGO CURRENTLY ONLY SUPPORTS MONGODB VERSION 3.0.0, IF YOU HAVE A LATER VERSION, DOWNGRADE TO 3.0.0
TANGO needs a running MongoDB server, usually on the same computer.
To install MongoDB as a service on your computer run the command Create MongoDB service in the menu TANGO/Configure of ImageJ. MongoDB will be automatically started at startup of the computer. When running this command, the default directory is written in the log page. Make sure there is enough available disk space to store the images you wish to analyse.
On linux system you need to install xterm
Alternatively, the server can be run on a distant server.
When mongoDB is install also Run the comamnd "Configure Database module"